If you can’t go outside for your Easter festivities this year, never fear, you can have a fun and egg-citing Easter Egg Hunt in the great indoors! Read on for our ten favorite creative ideas that maximize fun, engage imagination, and keep the sugar to a minimum!
- Activity Hunt: Some of the hidden eggs contain an activity that your little one must complete before finding the next egg!
2. Puzzle Piece Hunt: Take all the pieces of a puzzle and hide them in the eggs. When all the eggs are found, complete the puzzle!
3. Lego Hunt: Similar to the puzzle piece hunt, hide all the pieces of a Lego or building block set in the eggs…and when all the eggs are found, make the Lego set!
4. Treasure Map Hunt: Create a pirate-style treasure map, with X marking the hidden eggs! For extra pirate authenticity, you can tear the edges and roll into a scroll.
5. Bunny Tracks: For your littlest ones who might need a little extra help, create paper “Bunny Tracks” to follow to where the eggs are hidden.
6. Freeze Hunt: Play music while the kids start hunting for the eggs…when the music stops, they have to freeze in place until it starts again!
7. Wear some festive slippers: Indoor celebrations are even more fun with fuzzy animal slippers! Check out our Easter Gift Guide for our top picks.
8. Reverse the Roles: Have the kids hide the eggs, and the grown-ups find them!
9. Scavenger Hunt: Each egg contains the clue to finding the next one… and the very last clue can lead to a place where the Easter baskets are hidden!
10. Coupon Hunt: Eggs contain a “coupon” for a special experience to redeem later! Some ideas include: choosing a movie, picking what’s for dinner, or going to a favorite park.
Happy Easter every-bunny! We hope you have a lot of fun!